DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES > CONTINUING EDUCATION > PHR/SPHR CERTIFICATION PREPARATION COURSE
PHR/SPHR Certification Preparation Course
Robert Morris University
PHR/SPHR Certification Preparation Course
Moon Township Campus, Hale 203
Saturdays 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
February 8 - April 5, 2014
Set your sights on certification.
Our Human Resource certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking a professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification.
This intensive 9-weeks Saturday program combines expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track as you prepare for the exam.
Let us guide you to success.
Achieving major career goals is challenging and time consuming. But, the road to success is easier when an experienced guide provides a roadmap and keeps you on track. If your goal is HR certification, we’ll lead you to success. Our instructors focus on critical exam content, and our structured classroom environment accelerates learning and improves retention.
This course is offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the world’s largest association devoted to human resource management. Thousands of HR professionals have earned their PHR or SPHR certifications by using the SHRM Learning System, the #1 ranked certification prep tool. Course fees often qualify for tuition reimbursement and you can earn 3.5 continuing education credits (CEUs) for completing this course.
The 2014 SHRM Learning System for PHR/SPHR Certification Preparation is filled with unique features, including innovative SmartStudy tools that help streamline your study time and build confidence for passing the certification exam. Follow these steps to success:
- ASSESS: take our assessments to determine your current knowledge and gaps, with the results weighted against tested areas on the certification exam (PHR or SPHR).
- STUDY: use assessment results to identify your learning priorities, create your personal study plan, estimate study time and apply learned knowledge.
- PASS: complete the post-test and use other testing preparation tools to validate your learning and refine your study plan as you prepare to pass the exam. SmartStudy is like having a compass pointing toward content you most need to study.
The most up-to-date learning modules.
Modules were updated to reflect the new HR practice and legislation in the HR Certification Institute’s body of knowledge
Business Management and Strategy
- Strategic role of HR in organizations
- HR business management skills
- Strategic planning process
- Evaluating the internal/external environment
- HR and the legislative and regulatory environment
Workforce Planning and Employment
- Employee rights, privacy and consumer protection legislation
- Organizational staffing requirements
- Job analysis and documentation
- Recruitment, flexible staffing, selection and retention
Human Resource Development
- Organizational development initiatives
- Adult learning and motivation; Training and development
- Talent and performance management
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation structure and systems
- Benefit programs (Government mandated, deferred comp plans, health care and other non-statutory benefits)
- Compensation and benefits legislation
- Evaluating compensation and benefits programs
Employee and Labor Relations
- Employee and labor relations legislation
- Union organizing and collective bargaining
- Unfair labor practices
- Discipline and complaint resolution
- Organizational risk
- Workplace safety, health, security and privacy
- Risk management legislation
More ways to learn
Whatever your learning style, you’ll find ways to test your knowledge and build confidence. Use our interactive case study, featuring real-life scenarios and questions, to apply your knowledge. Check out the Online Learning Center for a wealth of supplemental study materials.
- Quickstarts – guided overviews for each module highlight key topics
- Assessment – identifies topics a participant already knows and those areas that require more time and attention
- Tests – more than 1,000 questions for continually testing knowledge and comprehension
- Post-test – weighted and balanced to mimic the scored PHR/SPHR exam; presented in the style and format used by the HR Certification Institute
- Online Resource Center – includes downloadable audio and web casts, flashcards (printed, online or audio), HR updates, related links, feedback feature and more
Best of all, you can access the SHRM Learning System via your PC, laptop, your mobile device, or e-reader device making it easy to study wherever and whenever you have time.
Upcoming classes and course investment.
The course investment includes the SHRM Learning System modules, online learning center, access to the Online Resource Center, instructor handouts, and 36 hours of classroom instruction.
SHRM Member: $1,045
Non-SHRM Member: 1,095
* To allow time to order your course materials, please register by January 22nd.
Register now. Classes fill quickly and space is limited.
Prepare for certification with RMU’s SHRM Learning System course. It’s easy to register:
ONLINE: Complete the registration form
BY FAX: Send your completed registration form
with major credit card information to 412-397-6847
BY MAIL: Complete the registration form
and send it with a check or credit card information. Make check payable to Robert Morris University and mail it to Yvonne Miller, Online & Off-Campus Programs, Robert Morris University, 6001 University Boulevard, Moon Township, PA 15108-1189
***Registration deadline is January 22nd***
Full refunds are given when a class is cancelled by RMU. Course fees will be fully refunded if requested before course start date. Materials will be refunded if plastic is not broken.
HR Certification Institute Testing
The HR Certification Institute requires HR professionals sitting for the PHR or SPHR exams to have a combination of demonstrated work experience and education. Visit www.hrci.org for more details.
All certification testing is computer-based and conducted at the 250 Prometric Test Centers around the country. If you have any further questions regarding the PHR or SPHR exams, visit www.hrci.org, or call 1-866-898-4724 or e-mail Info@hrci.org.
For More Information
ON THIS COURSE: Please contact Yvonne Miller by calling 412-397-6307 or sending an e-mail message to email@example.com.